Here are some ideas for flowers at events in the heat:
1. Select tropical flowers – with their waxy surface, they hold up well in the heat. And though they are a bit more costly per stem, even just a few stems artistically arranged by your floral artist make a big impact.
2. Give them plenty of water - keep the vase or container with floral foam filled up to the top.
3. Ice down the water – add ice cubes to the water just as you are putting the flowers out. They like a cool drink just as much as we do!
4. if the event is outside, put them out last minute, and in the shade!
5. Other long-lasting flowers include lilies, gladiolas (because both have buds that open up over time), liatris, and even mums, daisies (gerberas don’t care for the heat so much, though) or talk to your floral artist about the flowers best suited for the style and heat of your event!
For another cool 'secret' tips and a couple stories, check out this other post: