Here are some ideas for flowers at events in the heat:
1. Select tropical flowers – with their waxy surface, they hold up well in the heat. And though they are a bit more costly per stem, even just a few stems artistically arranged by your floral artist make a big impact.
2. Give them plenty of water - keep the vase or container with floral foam filled up to the top.
3. Ice down the water – add ice cubes to the water just as you are putting the flowers out. They like a cool drink just as much as we do!
4. if the event is outside, put them out last minute, and in the shade!
5. Other long-lasting flowers include lilies, gladiolas (because both have buds that open up over time), liatris, and even mums, daisies (gerberas don’t care for the heat so much, though) or talk to your floral artist about the flowers best suited for the style and heat of your event!
For another cool 'secret' tip and a couple of stories, check out this other post:
Flowers In The Heat Part 2
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Do people actually come to our flower studio ?
Yes, and it's a different experience. Get the viewpoint of one of our new clients.
“Amazing customer service. I did not realize that they typically don't do "walk-in, walk-out" appointments. I showed up looking to just pick something out for my girlfriends birthday, and instead of turning me away and making me request a bouquet over the phone or online, she instead took me back into their private shop and flower fridge and helped me pick out individual flowers. Then, she prepared the bouquet and had me priced and checked out within 10 minutes. I'm so thankful for the service, and the flowers were BEAUTIFUL. Give them your business! They will take care of you!”
Alec B. Tempe
Thank you for letting us serve you Alec!